Here is the model, in a few nutshells:
- Inspiring Vision. Your dream, your hope, your heart’s burning desire. Your core needs, what drives you.
- People. Other people in your life. The “five” closest. Your community. Your fam. Your own home grown team.
- Authenticity. Realness. Being genuine and honest with yourself.
- Process. You build your castle via incrementalism, trial and error, consistency over time.
- Commitment. You needa stick2it. Persistence is powerful.
- Courage. To stretch yourself. Take risks and take on your fears.
- Lifestyle. Integration into your life makes it work, or not.
You think glory comes last? Nope. Start your journey with the sparkle of victory in your eye, a wry smile, and the warm thump of triumph inside. Dream of the beautiful. Dream boldly.
Please, for the love of your life, seek radical, inspiring change. Make the world a better place.
Have you ever done this? Splayed out on your back in bed on rumpled blankets, listening to music. Good! You’ve crushed step 1.
Step 2: Life distills to a few things only. People are perhaps the most important. You need a team. In fact, you already have one, though it may not be intentional. Now, build a generous, kind, intentional, helpful team. Everything you do is integrated with the people in your life. A team is not for an us vs. them attitude, it’s for a magical working group, an electrifying band, a close knit adventure crew.
Support, advice, feedback, honesty, integrity, what do you want in a team?
Step 3: Keep it real.
You are stronger, more trustworthy, and more creative when you are acting from honesty and authenticity.
Step 4. Of course, you need a plan. Follow a good one and trust the process. Even better, love the process. Invest in consistent activities you enjoy and build on little by little.
Step 5. Stick-to-it-iveness decides your success as much as anything else. Success takes time. Commit to yourself, your team, and your dream.
Step 6. Expand your concept of yourself and then try it out.
You do you, but stretch. Do you, but then go a wee bit further. Don’t fake it—push yourself slightly beyond your limits. Being a little sore the next day is a good thing.
Step 7. Your goal doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Integrate it into your calendar, your relationships, your environment, and your other priorities and routines.
Combining these 7 components may just grant your wishes.
Leave a Reply